Five Ways to Wrap up the Gift of Money
Monday December 19, 2022
Sometimes it’s nearly impossible to buy certain people on your gift list a present, so you may resort to giving hard, cold cash. While cash is almost always welcome, it’s a bit lackluster in its ability to feel special or personal. Not to worry! By utilizing some of these ultra-creative ways of wrapping up this ultimate paper gift, you’ll be giving this seemingly simple present a pop of pizazz!
- Pop it! Find a huge box and fill it with a bunch of blown-up balloons. Of course, in each of these balloons place a bill inside. The person opening the gift will have to pop all the balloons to get to the money!
- Hide it! Take a mason jar and insert a tube in the middle or roll up some paper and tape it together to make a tube. Slip the bills inside the tube. Then fill up the area around the tube with candies. When the recipient gets the gift, they’ll think it’s just some candy in a glass jar. The best is yet to come when they open the lid!
- (Un)wrap it! Tape a string of bills carefully together at each end. Then, using a toilet paper tube, adhere the first bill to the tube and then wrap it around continuously like a roll of toilet paper. Once you get to the end tie it up with a big red bow.
- Box it! Using an empty candy box, save the individual paper cups each candy comes in. Into each little candy wrapper, place the folded bills and a few coins. If you want to be extra creative, you can make a “map” of the money similar to what you receive when it’s candy.
- Frame it! Tape a few bills (the bigger the better!) on a piece of paper and slide it behind the glass of a frame. On the paper have the words, “Break Glass in Case of an Emergency!” printed. Your giftee will think twice before spending the money!!
If you are searching for a new home, San Joaquin Valley Homes is still busy building homes throughout the Central Valley. Our model homes are open daily and virtual tours are available on our website for your convenience. Our model hours are Sunday and Monday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Visit www.sjvhomes.com for more information.