Thinking about investing in a new San Joaquin Central Valley home? Consider how much fun it will be to decorate the rooms in a brand new house. As you’ll see, there are plenty of ways to design great interiors without spending a fortune. For inspiration, we’ve put together a room-by-room list of ideas for every budget and style, with a little help from decorating inspiration giant, Houzz.
Kitchens with Style to Spare
• Laminate counter tops have come a long way in recent years, and many mimic the look of granite, stone or wood very convincingly at a fraction of the price.
• New Energy Star-rated appliances lower energy bills, but skip the built-in ice maker with water dispenser in the door of the fridge. It’s an energy waster.
• Invest in stylish lighting for the kitchen. It can have a huge impact and even become a focal point in an otherwise simple room.
Dining in Style
• Make a small room look larger with mirrors, “see-through” chairs and “open” lighting. Mirrors not only create an illusion of more space, they also bounce light around and make a room brighter.
• Terracotta walls are a big design trend right now, and the perfect place to use the color is in the dining room. Restaurants often use orange in their decor because it stimulates appetite. Terracotta is a more sophisticated version of the color, and is a classic color that won’t go out of style anytime soon.
• Make an impact with your dining room light. A bold fixture can make a huge style statement at a relatively modest cost.
Living Room Panache
• If you like hardwood floors, but don’t like the high up-front cost, consider an engineered hardwood floor. They come pre-finished, and it’s nearly impossible to tell them apart from the real thing. You’ll sacrifice some longevity since hardwood can be refinished up to 5 times, but a good engineered wood floor can be refinished once or twice, so it’s a good trade-off and will still be on long-lasting, good-looking floor.
• Give your kids or grandchildren a starring role in your new living room. Have a favorite photo blown up and transformed into canvas art for a reasonably inexpensive and unexpected way to show off family photos.
• Few things offer more design versatility for a relatively small price than colorful throw pillows. They can change the whole look of a room in an instant.
Statement-Making Bathroom Design for Less
• Use color for impact. A simple black and white room with wood accents is none-the-less loaded with style.
• Don’t underestimate the impact of bold color. In a small bathroom, a cool tone like a rich green expands the space visually.
• Do an all-white bathroom with an accent wall for style that’s impossible to ignore for a minimal investment.
Create a Zen Bedroom Atmosphere
• Use calm colors such as pale grays and pastels to relax you and prepare you for a restful night’s sleep.
• Mix patterns in a soft color for a look that’s interesting and serene at the same time.
• Keep your bedroom on the sparse side, furnishing-wise. Less distraction means better sleep, and spare doesn’t have to mean boring.
There are so many fun ways to personalize your new home’s interior to make it your own. Enjoy the exciting task of turning a house into a home — your home. Contact us if you’re interested in finding out more about the benefits of a new home in a great community.